With the start of the new academic year for college, motivated students must begin searching for Scholarships for college students to make their lives simpler over the next four to five years. In India, both students and parents are constantly on the lookout for financial aid opportunities for their children. Therefore, every youngster searches for scholarship websites or fills out a scholarship application.
However, scholarships in India are fewer and provided exclusively to those who obtain a high percentage in academics. In addition, competition for scholarships is so fierce that most candidates do not even get a chance. Another contributing factor is a failure to meet deadlines.
In addition, Scholarships provided to Indian students in India may be classed as follows:
- Means Based Scholarships: This one caters to the needs of pupils from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who are often classified based on yearly family income.
- Merit-Based Scholarships: These consider students’ academic merit and their financial needs in other words they need Scholarships.
- Talent Based Scholarships: Talented individuals in the disciplines of music, art, and dance are acknowledged, and scholarships are available to keep you from clipping your ambitious wings and letting them soar.
- Sports Based Scholarships: However, winning a scholarship based on performance in a specific sport is significant. You should be aware that you are eligible for various athletic scholarships.
- Women-Centric Scholarships: With a strong emphasis on empowering women, various scholarships are available to girls based on academic performance or financial need.
However, there are several options available to you! We have selected 25 Exciting Scholarships for College Students for 2020 from among thousands.
Please keep in mind that the following scholarships are exclusively available to Indian college students.
The following are the top five most popular scholarships in India:
1. HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Scheme
The HDFC Scholarship Scheme is an endeavor to assist students going through difficult circumstances, such as the death or loss of a working parent, among other things.
However, this Scheme is vital to remember since it allows students to choose their path because the scholarship is applicable for any stream.
2. Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA)
FAEA is a BHEL project that provides financial assistance to underprivileged students for undergraduate courses. In conclusion, it is essential to highlight the scholarship is open to students from any discipline and, if chosen, pays the total cost of the system as well as the dormitory price, maintenance, and so on.
3. Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
Indian Oil provides scholarships based on merit and means (or lack thereof) for technical students in the engineering, medical, and management fields.
4. Aditya Birla Scholarship
This award supports the nation’s brilliant brains, but it is only offered to a few select universities around the country. However, one significant advantage is that the chosen students will have the opportunity to join the Aditya Birla Group when they graduate.
5. AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship intends to continue providing women with higher education in technical fields. Similarly, it helps to increase female education in India.
A. Means Based Scholarships
1. AMP Higher Education Scholarship Fund
The Association of Muslim Professionals is a group of Muslim professionals who want to share their expertise to better the Muslim community.
2. SHDF Scholarships
Sikh Human Development Foundation is a social welfare non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to low-income students to pursue higher education.
3. Joining Hands Higher Education Scholarship Program
The Joining Hands project pays for the professional training for impoverished students.
4. AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme
Under the AICTE’s Saksham initiative, institutions have established arrangements for differently-abled students.
5. Sindhutai Sapakal Scheme for Educating Orphans and Children with Special Needs
Andhra Pradesh Welfare Corporation created a Scheme for Educating Orphans and, most importantly for those with Special Needs to give financial assistance and education.
B. Merit-Based Scholarships
1. Siemens Scholarship Program
Above all, Siemens India has created a one-of-a-kind initiative to assist technical education available to first-year engineering students. This program hopes to provide scholarships to deserving kids from low-income households via this effort.
2. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
However, the KVPY Scholarship is a National Level Scholarship for students interested in science and research. KVPY is a competitive scholarship, and KVPY may take the test in the +2 and first years of college.
3. INSPIRE Scholarship
In addition to India’s Higher Education Program, there is another competitive grant for students studying basic and Natural Sciences.
4. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
The PMSS program, funded by the National Defense Fund, promotes technical and professional education for dependent wards and widows of CAPF and AR members.
C. Talent Based Scholarships
1. Comix Competition (International)
The Fumetto International Comix Festival is an annual competition for comic authors to display their work across the globe. However, It has categories for those aged 18 and over and 12 to 17.
2. Kalakriti Fellowship
Closer to home, the Sanskriti Pratishthan is now taking applications for its Sanskriti — Kalakriti Fellowship in Performing Arts. However, it encourages and supports artists in their area of interest to enhance their abilities via intensive seminars.
3. Madhobi Chatterji Memorial Fellowship
Another Sanskriti Pratishthan project is to help young artists to perfect their abilities by providing them with resources. However, Indian citizens who are interested in Indian Classical Music and Dance are eligible for this Fellowship.
4. Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship
The Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship gives a workspace for bright artists to refine their abilities and innovate in their respective professions each year.
D. Sports Based Scholarships
In addition, these Scholarships promote aspiring athletes by offering a network of support and financial aid to help them grow into athletes. However, They also provide the chance to be coached by world-class athletes.
E. Women Centric Scholarships
1. Women Techmaker’s Scholar Program
Above all, The Women Techmakers Scholar Program advances Dr. Anita Borg’s goal of achieving gender equality in computer science and encourages women to become active role models in this discipline.
2. Lady Meherbai Tata Education Scholarship
This scholarship is for Indian women, In other words, those who have applied for admission to higher education programs in socio-environmental fields such as social work, gender studies, rural development work, etc.
3. Tata Housing Scholarships For Meritorious Girl Students
However, this scholarship is a merit-based grant that provides financial support to females from economically disadvantaged communities. Above all, it serves students pursuing an MBA, a Bachelor of Architecture, or a Civil Engineering degree.
4. Prabha Dutt Fellowship
Sanskriti Pratishthan’s Prabha Dutt Fellowship however grants women journalists to assist pertinent current initiatives. Therefore, Women between the ages of 25 and 40 are eligible for this scholarship.
5. UGAM — Legrand Scholarship Program
However, the UGAM- Legend Scholarship provides funding for class 12 females to pursue B.Tech and other technical courses at a prestigious Indian university.
Firstly it’s precise that these possibilities may paint a better future if they’re taken advantage of. Secondly, It’s never a bad idea to start looking for opportunities, no matter what your career goals are.
However, smartphone apps have also been developed that take care of all of this for you. In addition, it connects you with unique possibilities, such as very lucrative scholarships, fully-funded conferences, international internships, and other interesting things.
Read my latest article