A course in Animation provides the candidate with knowledge of various topics like Graphic Designing, Multimedia, etc. There are numerous institutions that offer these courses after the 12th for aspiring candidates to choose from. The fees for these courses vary for every institution and the duration is 1 to 3 years.
The Admission procedure for these courses differs for every institution, it generally involves enrollment based on entrance or merit. The course provides huge job opportunities and brighter roles like Animator, Art Director, Film and Video Editor, etc. Read the complete article below to learn more about these courses after the 12th.
Courses after the 12th Programme Level
- Undergraduate – 12th pass with minimum of 50%.
- Diploma – 10th pass.
NR INR 5,000 – INR 2,00,000
Top Colleges Offering Animation
- IIT Bombay
- Loyola College
- Fergusson College
- VIT Vellore
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- MAHE Manipal
- Pearl Academy
- Amity University
- Chandigarh University
- PSGR Krishnammal College for Women
- Frameboxx Animation & Visual Effects Private Limited
- Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute
- Maeer’s MIT Institute of Design
- Brainware University
- United World Institute of Design
- Karnavati University
- Reliance Media Companies Ltd
- Computer and Mobile Game Developers
- Animation Studios
- Crest Animation Studios
- Pentamedia Graphics
- UTV Toonz
- Film Production Houses
- Media Agencies
- Advertising Agencies
- Post Production Houses
- Web Entities
- BA in Animation & Multimedia
- BA in Animation and CG Arts
- B.Sc. in Animation
- BA in Animation and Graphic Design
- B.Des in Animation
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (Animation)
- BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation, Graphics, and Web Design
- B.Sc. in Animation and Gaming
- B.Sc. in Animation and VFX
- Diploma in 2D Animations
- Diploma in Animations and Filmmaking
- Diploma in 3D Animations
- Diploma in Animation and VFX
- Diploma in Digital Animations
- Diploma in Animation, Video Editing, and Post Production work
- Diploma in CG Animations
- Diploma in VFX
- Certificate in VFX
- Certificate in Editing, Mixing, and Post Production Works
- Certificate in 2D Animations
- Certificate in CG Arts
- Certificate in 3D Animations
Course: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to pursue the Animations course after the 12th should be assured that they are eligible enough.
The eligibility criteria for the courses can be found below:-
Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma Course Eligibility
- The candidate must qualify for his/her 12th from any stream from a recognized board.
- Secure a minimum of 50% in their 12th.
Certificate Course Eligibility
- Applicants must qualify for his/her 10th from a recognized board.
There are certain skills that are a must in order to acquire a job in the field of animation. The skills that one needs to acquire are listed below:-
- Team work spirit
- Good observation
- Communication Skills
- Unique Approach
- Good detailing
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Job opportunities for the role of Key Frame Animators, Special Effect Artists, Digital Ink & Paint Artists, Character Animator, Compositor, etc are open after seekers.
Ans. The fees for this course range from INR 5,000 – INR 2,00,000.
What is the average starting salary after completion?
Ans. The average starting salary is INR 2.5 LPA.
Which courses are best in Animations?
Ans. The following is one of the best courses in the Animations field- 3D Animation, Blender, VFX, Visual Effects, 3D Modeling, Game Art, Video Editing, and Cinema.
Can I pursue any Certificate Course after the 12th?
Ans. Yes, there are several Certificate courses to choose and study from like, Certificate in VFX, Certificate in Editing, Mixing, and Post Production Works, Certificate in 2D Animations, Certificate in 3D Animations, etc.