The national testing agency conducted NEET UG exams on May 2023 and the results were declared on June 13th, 2023. This year 20.38 lakh students were registered out of which 11.45 lakh qualified for the next round. Tamil Nadu’s Prabanjan J. and Andra Pradesh’s Bora Varun Chakravarthi topped with 99.99 percentile.
The medical counseling committee will soon release the schedule for counseling for all the students who cleared the exams and are eagerly waiting for the opening of registrations for BDS as well as MBBS admissions through counseling.
All the necessary information regarding dates, registration, and timetable will be available on the official website of MCC – mcc.nic.in. The expected dates of counseling for MBBS and BDS are expected to start in July. Whereas, the official announcement of the exact dates along with the details of the process will be done by MCC and the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Last year the counseling for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) was organized in four phases – Round 1, Round 2, Mop Up Round, and Stray Vacancy Round. This time the National Medical Commission issued guidelines where they specified that the marks secured in physics will be prioritized followed by Chemistry and at last Biology. However, earlier Biology was prioritized before chemistry and physics.
For counseling, there are set of documents that the students are expected to carry with them. Here is the list of documents that would be required during the admission process-
- NEET UG 2023 Scorecard and admit card – This document will serve as proof that the candidate has qualified for the exam.
- Class 10 Marksheet – This document will be required for the confirmation of the date of birth.
- Class 12 Marksheet – This or its equivalent will be demonstrating that the candidate is eligible for NEET UG.
- Migration – It is issued by any respective board/ University from where the class 12th examination is passed.
- Medical Fitness card – Issued from any recognized medical authority that states about the candidate is medically fit for admission in the course.
- Category Certificate – It is only valid for candidates who belong to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, or economically weaker sections. It is also valid for students who have disabilities by providing relevant certificates.
- Passport Size Photo – For document verification and admission-related steps, recent passport-sized photographs is required.