We all have used piggy banks in our childhood. Who hasn’t? Let me tell you, you’ll be amazed to know that I’ve actually used that pig figured object as my piggy bank and it had a cute tail as well. Ohh I miss it! But my cute piggy never gave me any interest. So, I had to switch to something more lucrative!
No matter who you are, you need to know that it’s possible for anyone to turn their financial life around. Sometimes all it takes is that first step in the right direction to get things moving in your favour. Our parents had always taught us the judicious ways to save money, but we often neglected them. And that’s wrong, actually our parents were always right! Those few things which they always taught are in some way or the other very fruitful for us.
Here, I’ll just make you recall those important guidelines which will help you save money.
- Whenever you go somewhere use PUBLIC TRANSPORT, It’s far cheaper and you won’t have to worry about the added expense or parking.
- CARPOOL is one of the best solution to save money. If you live near anyone you work with, you might both be able to benefit by carpooling to work.
- Go through your cell phone bill, LOOK FOR SERVICES YOU DONT USE. This is also one of the great idea to save your money.
- Search for DISCOUNTED COUPONS. They actually are available on every online transactions.
- Turn off the LIGHTS when not in use. Well, we all actually know this, I know. But we save double this way- money & electricity both.
- Avoid “BUY 3 GET 1 FREE DEALS”- All these deals make fool of customers. If you don’t want to waste your money then don’t go with these stupid deals.
- Plan your trips in PACKAGES. They help us save more and are effective cost efficient.
- Buy in BULK, but be careful. Don’t forget to check expiry dates, when products are cheaper. Try to quality check too.
- Make use of LEFTOVERS. I’m not talking about only food but there are many more things to be taken care of!
- And the most common one, RE-USE, RECYLCLE & REDUCE. Now that’s upto you what you want to reduce, recycle or reuse.
Many a times, we end up paying more than we need to because of apathy or habit. But if we try to change our outlook a bit, then we can see everything as an opportunity to save money, it can revolutionize our budgets- without even adding any single penny!