The Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) enables thousands of young women who cannot join regular college for various reasons to attend classes during Saturdays/Sundays and academic breaks to obtain Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree from the University of Delhi. However, Non-Collegiate students are not allowed to simultaneously pursue any other full-time programmes.
What is NCWEB?
NCWEB is a unique system with lectures on Saturdays or Sundays leaving students with six working days to follow their dream.
NCWEB facilitates the female students of NCT Delhi to take DU examinations with special coaching once a week without attending the regular classes. NCWEB has emerged as an important academic option for female students.
It offers UG courses such as BA (program) and B.Com. A minimum of 66% attendance is necessary to appear in the exams. There are 26 UG centres available for the females for the Saturday, and Sunday classes.
NCWEB also offers the 2 years duration PG level courses in Hindi, English, History, Political Science, Punjabi, History, Mathematics, Persian, Arabic, and Philosophy. Candidates who have a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for admission. The selection is based on the cutoff released by authorities for the respective programs. If the candidate meets the merit criterion, they must report to the respective college for further procedure.
How Does NCWEB Function?
- Interested female applicants residing in NCT Delhi are automatically enrolled for NCWEB on the selection of programmes offered in NCWEB, i.e. either B.A. or B.Com. or both.
- Since there is classroom teaching, no written material is given. Students are expected to attend classes regularly as the minimum 66% attendance has been made mandatory to appear in the University Examinations, which are held annually in the month of May.
- The NCWEB UG students are permitted to finish their B.A./B.Com. three-year degree programme within 6 years, of taking admission, i.e. span period for UG is 6 years.
- The Board provides library facilities to all undergraduate students in the respective Teaching Centres and a Post-Graduate Library is located in the Arts Faculty Building at North Campus.
- The Board gives financial aid and book loan facilities for the academic year to needy and deserving students.
- The classes are held either on Saturdays or on Sundays and during the academic breaks of the University of Delhi. There are 50 teaching days in a year.
- At the Undergraduate centres, classes are held from 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM. There are 5 periods in a day, each of 60 min duration.
- Teachers of the University of Delhi and affiliated Colleges are deputed as guest faculty to teach the Non-Collegiate students. The pass percentage of these students is as good as the regular students.
- A major advantage of the Non-Collegiate programme of teaching is its low cost and utilisation of the existing infrastructure of educational institutions.
- The students are also encouraged to take part in skill development programmes organized in collaboration with NSDC, which is job placement linked.
- Various cultural and extracurricular activities impart an opportunity for students to showcase their talents.
1. Total number of Seats in B.A. (Prog.) in each of the teaching centres: 312
Total number of Seats in B.Com. in each of the teaching centres: 202
2. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/CW will apply as per University rules.
3. The percentage for cut-off will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in the best four subjects in Class 12th Board Results.
4. Any student who takes admission in any one NCWEB centre, will not be allowed to change the centre at any later stage during the admission process.
5. Non-Collegiate students are not allowed to pursue any other full-time/degree course.
List of existing NCWEB Under-Graduate centres:
Centres (Open on Sunday)*:
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar College
Janki Devi Memorial College
Lakshmi Bai College
Maharaja Agrasen College
Mata Sundri College
Motilal Nehru College
Satyawati College (Evening)
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce,
Sri Aurobindo College
Centres (Open on Saturday)*:
Bhagini Nivedita College
College of Vocational Studies
Deen Dayal Upadhayaya College
Jesus & Mary College
Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women
* The University reserves the right to add more centres for NCWEB without any prior notice.
Fees and Rules:
1. The application fee for registration is INR 500 and INR 250 for SC/ST category candidates.
2. The applicants will have to submit their original certificates at the time of admission.
3. The annual fee would be approximately around Rs. 4500/-.
4. A fee of only Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) will be charged from PWD category students.
5. The Non-Collegiate students are not allowed to pursue any other full-time/degree programme.
6. It is suggested that the students may take admission to a college near their residence, if possible.
7. Residence proof of NCT Delhi (i.e. Aadhaar card/ Passport/ voter Id card/ Driving license/ Ration card) in original will have to be submitted.
Admission Schedule for NCWEB
The women applicants (residents of NCT Delhi) will be considered eligible for admissions in NCWEB if they choose either the B.A. programme or B.Com. or both during the online registration process.
|Starting of UG Online Registration||June 25, 2022|
|End of UG Online Registration||September 10, 2022 (Extended)|
|Announcement of 1st List||To be notified|
|Admission for 1st List||To be notified|
|Announcement of 2nd List||To be notified|
|Admission for 2nd List||To be notified|
|Announcement of 3rd List||To be notified|
|Admission for 3rd List||To be notified|
Further cut-off lists may be declared, depending on the vacant seats in the colleges.
The list shall be displayed at 9:30 AM at all centres and on the NCWEB website www.ncweb.du.ac.in
*After approval of admission, the applicant has to log on to the undergraduate admission portal to make online admission fee payments. This may be done till 12:00 noon on the next day of the given admission list deadline.
For further information and procedure for admission, the applicants are advised to contact the Director, Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board, Tutorial Building, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
For further information refer website: http://www.ncweb.du.ac.in